Your energy bill may have gotten a break thanks to an unseasonably warm winter, but soon things will be heating up. How can you save yourself from an outrageous energy bill this summer? After an air conditioning installation, take these tips for improving air conditioner efficiency to heart and make sure you do a full inspection to determine if you’ll need to get an air conditioning repair service.
9 Tips for Improving A/C Efficiency
- Clean up. Dirt, pollen, and organic debris can clog your outdoor unit. Clean the exterior of the air conditioning and trim back any encroaching shrubs. If interior air conditioner cleaning is necessary, call a pro. You can learn more about it here.
- Add some shade. A shaded air conditioner unit is up to 10% more effective than a unit in direct sunlight but it has to get air conditioning maintenance for this to always be working. Trees provide nice shade, but may drop debris onto your unit. A manmade structure provides more effective shade for an outdoor ac unit.
- Vacuum vents. Keep your indoor vents dust-free by cleaning them regularly. Move any furniture that may block the vents.
- Replace air filters. Dirty air filters don’t just irritate your allergies. Dirty filters actually impede airflow, so your air conditioner has to work harder to cool the house. You can click here to learn more.
- Adjust the thermostat. If you can bear it a few degrees warmer, adjust the thermostat to reduce energy costs. According to an experienced AC repair in Twin Falls, you can program the thermostat to automatically adjust during times no one is home.
- Close the curtains. Direct sunlight heats up the house. Close the blinds so your A/C won’t have to work as hard.
- Be smart about heat sources. Position lamps and other heat-causing appliances away from the air conditioner. Use the dryer and oven during cooler parts of the day so your A/C won’t need to work as hard to compensate.
- Insulate ductwork. Commercial insulation services will prevent the system from leaking cooled air before it gets where you want it.
- Schedule air conditioning repair and maintenance. Preventative air conditioning maintenance like duct cleaning improves efficiency and lowers energy costs. With regular Air Conditioning System Repairs and tune ups, you can rest assured that your AC unit is running at its maximum energy efficiency.
Does your air conditioner need repairs? Don’t wait for summer to arrive. Call J.H. Martin Mechanical and get the best air conditioning repair service! We have the best air conditioning contractors at your service.