Air Conditioning Repair
Air conditioner repair can entail several things. A home AC unit is a complex system with many parts. One malfunctioning part can cause your AC to break, become less efficient, or to not work as good as it used too. JH Martin Mechanical responds quickly to broken AC calls because we know the discomfort and even damage to your home it can cause. We inspect all working parts of the system to ensure we know what your system needs, we offer the best air conditioning services.
Causes of an AC Unit Breaking
- Filters: air filters can become clogged over time, which restricts the flow of air through an AC systems’ ducts. This can put significant strain on the system because it must work harder to get the proper amount of air flow.
- Wrong Size System: A system too small for your home will be overworked leading to more wear and tear. A system too big can short cycle,
- Low Refrigerant: refrigerant is the chemical used to extrapolate heat from a home. Lines carrying the refrigerant can become leaky. If so, the system will eventually become low on refrigerant causing the air to not cool as well.
- Icy Evaporator Coil: If an evaporator coil becomes too cold it will freeze. Once it is iced over it is no longer in contact with air and cannot cool it.
- Leaks in Ducts: these are often caused by pests or appear over time after poor installation. Cool air then gets lost within walls and is wasted, when this happens an emergency air conditioning repair is needed.
- Malfunctioning Fan: a unit’s fans are what moves the air. If a fan has damaged belts, dying motor, or lacks lubrication it can malfunction.
- Clogged Drain: Moisture collected by the air conditioning unit is led out of the home by a drain, often beginning with a drip pan. If either of these back up it can damage the system and even lead to mold, if you start seeing signs of clogged drains, be sure to hire an ac service.
Signs Your AC Needs Repair or Maintenance
- Slow Air Flow: slow air flow can mean your filters need replacing, a fan is broken, or you have a leak in your ducts. For further information, you can click here to learn about HVAC Repair
- Cool or Lukewarm Air: A healthy AC unit should blow out mildly cold air. If your air is not cool it could mean your evaporator coil is iced over or you are low on refrigerant, among other things, this count mean that you’ll need to get a new ac installation.
- Constantly On: If your unit is constantly running it is working too hard. This will only lead to the need of and air conditioner repair service.
Way to Prevent AC Problems
- Check and Replace Air Filters: This is a simple step to ensure your air is clean and flowing well.
- Inspect Ducts: Make sure your ducts are well connected and not blocked by anything
- Regular Maintenance: A professional technician will be able to save you money and keep your hvac repair system healthy with regular maintenance. Ensuring that refrigerant, coils, lines, ducts, fans and everything else are in tip top shape. Just click here to view AirNow Cooling & Heating’s pricing information.
- Programmable Thermostat: a programmable thermostat can help you put less strain on your system and save money. For more information on the best air conditioner repair services, visit this website.
Other Air Conditioning Service We Offer
Our Service Areas